If you are looking for winter clipart like snow flakes and other cozy winter images, and if you are also looking for some winter poems - you have come to the right page!
I think I will start with a little poem to reassure those of you who are not
that fond of the cold and the snow that even in the deepest winter there is
It is a short winter poem by Oliver Herford:
I heard a bird sing
in the dark of December.
A magical thing
and sweet to remember.
"We are nearer to Spring
than we were in September"
I heard a bird sing
in the dark of December.
|Snowflake PNG||Simple snowflake PNG|
|Double snowflake PNG||Simple blue snowflake PNG|
|Decorative snowflake PNG||White snowflake PNG|
|Blue snow clipart PNG||Triple snowflake PNG|
|Winter clipart snowflake PNG||White snow clipart PNG|
|Winter snowflake PNG||Star shaped snowflake PNG|
So much for snowflakes! - No, actually there are some more below on this page.
How the snowman lost his nose:A cute little snowman
You will find some more winter lyrics below, but now comes different kinds of clip art that has to do with winter one way or the other:
|Winter decoration house with snow PNG||Winter robin PNG|
|Red winter berries PNG||Orange with spices PNG|
|Red bird in winter PNG||Red berries green needles JPEG|
|Icicles on branch PNG||Robin in snow PNG|
|Holy with red berries PNG||Icicles PNG|
Sun, sun, go away.
Please don't shine on me today.
Why are you in such a rush
to turn me into sloppy slush?
Sun, sun, can't you see
that your heat is melting me?
Go away sun! Please be nice.
I like being frozen ice.
Sun, sun, you're no fun.
I wish I had two legs to run
far-far away from here
before you make me disappear!
Isn't that just a cute little winter poem?
And now one of the more serious kind, of John Updike:
The days are short,
The sun a spark,
Hung thin between
The dark and dark.
Fat snowy footsteps
Track the floor.
Milk bottles burst
Outside the door.
The river is
A frozen place
Held still beneath
The trees of lace.
The sky is low.
The wind is gray.
Purrs all day.
Finally one about the animals at winter:
Winter is cold.
There is snow in the sky.
The squirrel gathers nuts
And the wild geese fly.
The fluffy red fox
Has his fur to keep warm.
The bear's in her cave
Sleeping all through the storm.
You DID see the photo of the ice lantern above, didn't you?
If not, here it is:
Here is how you make it.
You start with balloons, round, not too big balloons. The color
is unimportant, as you remove it later on.
1. First you blow up the balloons, then let the air out of them again. This is just to make it easier to fill them with water.
2. Stick them onto the water tap (the one with cold water) and
fill the balloon. Not too much, unless you want to make a very big
You might need to keep a hand under the balloon as it is filled with water, to avoid it loosening from the tap.
3. Make a knot to the balloon, and place the balloon in a bowl that fits the shape of the balloon.
4. Put the balloon in the bowl into the freezer, and let it stay there for around 10-12 hours.
5. Take out the balloon, and free it from the bowl. If it sticks, let some hot water run to the bowl, then it will loosen in no time.
6. Cut the balloon knot, and remove the balloon.
7. Now you have a beautiful, round ice ball. There will be some water inside, and that is good, because we need a cavity for the candle.
8. If there is a hole in the top of the ice ball, that is good. If not, you will have to make one. You can dip the top of the ball into hot water until you have made hole into the liquid water inside the ball.
9. Empty the ice ball for the liquid water, and place a tea light in the bottom of the ball. If the hole in the top is not big enough, again dip the top of the ice lantern in hot water, until the hole is big enough, and if you are careful you can also use a scissors to make the hole bigger.
10. Light the tealight and place the ice lantern outside, where it will last (not in too much sun) and enjoy the beautiful view.
|Window with frost flowers||Winter frost flowers|
|Winter clipart with frost flowers||Frost flowers|
|Snow clip art PNG||Snowflake template PNG|
|Snowflake PNG||Blue snowflake graphic PNG|
|Beautiful snowflake PNG||Drawing of snowflake PNG|
If you want to stay in touch and hear about new pages, tips and ideas about arts & crafts, please sign up for my newsletter.
Back to the top of this page about Winter Clipart
Visit Homepage and other pages here on Clipartqueen related to this one:
|Homepage||Winter Pictures||Seasons of the Year||Snowman Clipart|
|site search by freefind|
Hot pages right now:
A charming picture book about the kitten MONS.
Everything You Need to Know About Your New Puppy!
I have made illustrations for this very, very good book where you get all the advice you need week by week.
Wonderfully restored e-book, Elizabeth Gordon's book from early 20th century.
Adorable drawings of a mix of birds and children, and a funny and educational poem about each bird.
I love the drawing of the Pussy Willows, with the puffy little kittens on the branches - and what about the drawing of the Wild Rose? To me this book is all childhood and fantasy and flowers.
Party Clip Art
Birthday clip art
Space clip art
Koi Fish Drawings
Penguin clip art
Wedding Cake Clipart
Dinosaur Clip Art
Animal clip art
Classic Car Pictures